Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Signs of Spring

I've seen more baby birds and their nests this year than I think I ever have. We have a family of woodpeckers who have taken up residence in the tree between our house and garage. It was a rough time for all of us as they learned to drill since they started on the metal flashing of the chimney! They have moved on to wood now. Saturday we saw a mother cardinal hovering over three babies that decided to leave the nest to test thier wings. She was very busy. The babies were covered in soft down fluff instead of feathers and were very funny to watch. At work I have a dove sitting on some eggs in the tree outside my window. Her backside hangs off the nest and she downloads onto the sidewalk. We have had to put out a red caution cone and a sign that explains the hazard after the incident last week where one of the vendors was splattered! I am hoping these are signs of spring because I am ready for warmer weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment