Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Kindle

Okay, I have updated the blog, my profile, and even added a couple of pictures. Not bad for the first day. I might get the hang of this blog thing yet. I've heard about blog candy but I am not exactly sure what that is so it can wait for another day.

I've been reading about this little machine called the "kindle" that amazon.com has. It is for reading books electronically. You don't have to have a computer to utilize it and it is light weight. They say the battery will last for about 4 days. USA Today says that today's three year olds will never know what the inside of a bookstore is when they grow up as this Kindle will put bookstores out of business. I find that hard to believe, especially at the price it is selling for which is currently $349! I do like the fact that books can be downloaded in sixty seconds and the price for a book that is on the New York Times Best Seller list will be $9.99. That's pretty good since some books on that list can be as high as $33 for a printed copy. If you haven't heard about it, go to amazon.com and watch the videos. It is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment