Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekend Blips

Here's a peek into what kind of weekend I had. I fell asleep on a raft in the pool. Lucky me, I had sunscreen on and even that stuff called "faces" as my face is pretty sensitive. Just one problem, you don't put the stuff on your eyes. I now have the brightest red eyelids you ever saw!

My husband was suffering with a summer cold this weekend. I guess I didn't know how bad it was until Sunday morning after the choir sang and the service was about to begin. He bent down and whispered in my ear that we had to leave as his head was going to explode! For you to enjoy this story, you have to know that he is the most soft spoken, easy going, layed back, and the kindest person you would ever meet. I volunteered to drive us the 4 miles home to which he quickly accepted. We were about a mile from the church when he screeched at me to pass the "grandma" that was ahead of us. Another half mile down the road he was hollering with his best road rage voice at a truck that pulled out in front of us. We were a mile from the house when he told me he thought he was going to get sick. I asked him if he wanted me to pull over and he quickly replied that it would be great if I could get us home any faster without hitting as many bumps as I had been hitting!! When we got home, he took three Advil and went to bed. He slept from 11:15 until 4:15 and awoke his old sweet self. He has apologized and apologized for being so irate and has beat himself up pretty bad over the whole thing although our daughter and I have laughed about it and told everyone we knew because it was so out of character for him that it was hysterically funny to us. Even recanting the story to our daughter (after I was sure he was asleep) made me laugh until I had tears running down my face.

I did get a couple hours of scrapping time in and here's the right side to the page I posted on Friday.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Diane....just wanted to let you know I have something for you on my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete